View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I did have severe belt slip when I was on the dyno (lost about 35% of my boost) I have since put on a gatorback belt that is about .5 inches longer and alows me to get really good wrap. I can now say very confidently that I have no belt slip. On 9psi with 5.5~psi (should have been 9psi) I hit 231whp. 9psi with no belt slippage probably would be 270~whp.

The 12psi pulley is a whole different story. Here are some quick facts on it. 12psi is at the high end of the blower's efficiency range (Lysholm 1600AX). This now means that the blower is working very, very hard (HOT intake temps now). Intake temps are around 220degrees with the 12psi pulley. Also, the blower is obviously spinning faster to generate the 12psi and this increase in rotations is what we believe is causing the knock sensors to pick up what they think are "knock", but is actually just vibrations from the motor. There have been no dyno runs on 12psi yet. I would think that the stage 3 on 12psi and methanol would be approaching 380whp. This is based on correcting the false knock issue though. There is no way IMHO to run more boost than that on the stage 3. You could tweak it in other ways (fuel, meth, etc) but you will be limited to that max boost of 12psi.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5