View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Need help understanding current issues facing FI svx's

Ok guys so I have been keeping close tabs on the progress that has been made in regards to Forced Induction in our svx's, which I know many other's of this board have been as well...instead of cluttering the current thread started by Tom I figured i would start my own....

First off for the supercharger offered by LAN, apparently the users are experiencing a timing issue due to the knock sensors sending the ECU an inaccurate reading due to the vibrations caused by the supercharger. Secondly, I recall some citing belt slip as an issue on the supercharger...is this issue still occurring?

I have also noticed that those seeking higher hp goals are disregarding the supercharger route and seeking the turbocharger.

So that being said, what hp/torque numbers is the supercharger producing on the svx. Also I would assume that its safe to say that the supercharger is not reliable due to the knock sensor issues, correct? In addition, what other hurdles are we facing in regards to the supercharger, is LAN working towards overcoming these issues?

So that does it for the supercharger....now on to the turbocharger route.

When turbocharger, can one still use Lan's ecu programs? I've heard of some members having to institute a standalone to properly utilize a turbocharger...why is this?

Also are custom intake manifolds required for turbocharger? Or is that just above a certain PSI?

That's about all i can think of for now, I working towards building up my engine and am just trying to determine what route (sc or turbo) would be the most effective for considerable AND reliable hp gain.

thanks, chris