View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrkSVX View Post
Name is not Veronica. the v is for Victor (my hubby). Really like the suede, the leather is too hot in summer and too cold in winter. The suede has held up remarkably well for being 15 years old and 189,000 miles. Spoiler does spoil the look. Seems the spoiler/leather package also include sunroof which would probably only mean trouble. To each his own I guess.
Apologies on the name mistake. I must be mixing you up with another poster.

What you say makes a lot of sense. The suede is synthetic, and all the better for it. I like the smell and opulence of leather, but it has drawbacks as well. The black leather I have gets really hot when the sun shines in, bad news if you sit into it with shorts.

On top of that, it's too slippy. One girl in Australia had her car thumped from behind. The rear of the car folded up, and the severity of the hit caused her to slip underneath the seatbelt and injure her legs off the dash. Not a happy outcome.

My first SVX was JDM, and the interior was suede. The only misgiving I had was that they should have used real leather rather than faux leather for the surrounding trim on the seats. Because it was false, the surface wore off on the outer edge of the driver seat, the rest of the car looked like new. I much preferred the ecsaine because it was not hot to sit on, and it gripped you in the seat for quick cornering.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl