View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
jklmnopqrst

That's the last time I follow another SVX!

I was at a stoplight yesterday (on Division heading south) in my red SVX (FWD model) when I noticed another red SVX (just like mine) turn on to the road in front of me (Francis Rd.). So, since I've only seen one other red SVX (besides mine) since I've owned my car, I decided to follow him/her. So I start following the beautiful automobile and I notice that the license plate says "TOOSVXY". 'That's pretty neat,' I think to myself. So as I'm following, I'm thinking of all the questions I'd like to ask this person. "Is yours an AWD model? How long have you owned it? How many miles on the odometer? Are you a member of www.subaru-svx.net?" are a few examples. Eventually, we start heading into a residential neighborhood. Minor detail: we just had a snow storm in Spokane and it has snowed at least 6 inches in the last 3-4 days. Also: the residential neighborhood streets haven't been plowed yet. So now I'm barely keeping up with the SVX ahead of me (I'm guessing it was AWD or had snow tires) and eventually I get stuck. And I wasn't just stuck for 5 or 10 minutes. I was stuck for over an hour!!
So here are the lessons I learned: my SVX is FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, and my SVX is not ALL WHEEL DRIVE.