Thread: Headers Feeler
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Headers Feeler

This thread is just a "feeler" thread. To see what is "popular" and what would sell, what the generic "modder" in the community is looking for. I am currently working on the CAI and will have numbers on that and it will be very professional and will show my standard of excellence.

I do plan to do a set for myself, but if I'm going to waist my time doing an NA set or not is dependent on if there are people who would want this or not. I may just spend my own money doing research into the best way to do the turbo set up.

The CAI will be done with a CNC Mandrel bender so everything will be done to a standard and you will be guaranteed to see the same that my dyno charts show. But, keep in mind we are testing and dynoing at 4K+ ft above sea level. So those of you at sea level will see bigger numbers.

I'm not trying to sell any headers right now. Right now I'm focusing on finishing the CAI's all I had to have was a few people to buy in with good faith to help fund the R&D so that it could be done right the first time.

Depending on how well the CAI's and such do I may not need anyone to help fund the headers if there really is a market. From the sound of it I may be able to get an NA set of headers that are dyno proven to sell quite well.

Once the CAI's are done I may just make myself a set of NA headers. But see the thing is I don't own my own dyno right now so I'll be paying for dyno time to get the results, at a discounted rate yes, but that's still more research cost.

I do however have some new products in the works that will be coming from other manufactures that are already well known and have a good reputation. So keep your eyes peeled for those.