View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM

Re: Any WRX/STi owners out there?

wdb:
You have a very good point. The WRX and STi used to be very different cars. Admittedly, they are similar cars now but they still have their stark differences.
I'd never use the DCCD system but the different drive modes (intelligent, sport, sport sharp) are a little attractive. Also, the gauge cluster looks too simple without the added info screens in the WRX.
As much as I like the status and ability that comes with the STi, the boy-racer side of it is a bit much for me anymore.

Lookin4SVX:
I feel you on the latest Impreza; it just felt really cheap to me and the noise it made when mated to the CVT was insufferable. I'm surprised you found a dealer willing to let you drive a BRZ! None of them in my area will let me do more than sit in them without a serious intent of purchase. Maybe that's the difference. I used to really like the Forester but it has really bloated out in recent years. The dealer here has a 3.6R if you're really wanting to drive one!

Truth be told, I'll most-likely end up with a WRX. I need something more grown up and, if it were still available, I'd be all over the Legacy GT.

For those who are interested, it seems a Japanese magazine caught the next-gen in the flesh and I kinda like it!
http://imgur.com/a/YEBA8