Thread: Fix or Sell?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy
Hey,
sorry so long in replying. Been away climbing a mountain - ok it was by ski-lift.
So you think if I managed to get her over to Oz I could be reasonably sure of getting 10k for her? If so I might check out the import regs and see if I can do it. You interested
Sounds like a fair price, depending on condition. I'm unfortunately quite 'on the button' with prices, and I can give a fair estimate, but only in person.

From what you say, provided the interior is in good condition, it has all original gear (including rims), the wheel bearings aren't noisy and the gearbox is nice and tight.... yeah, you could pull $10k.

I saw a report for one in QLD that was price negotiated to $10k, but there was a lot of work required making it not wirth it IMHO. Essentially, for an SVX to be given a fair price, you really need to fix everything and get it ship-shape; THEN you'll maybe get a steady price for it. If work is required, people tend to avoid them, particularly because they expect that work and more to be required.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178