View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: OE parts discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I sent Jackie an email. Hopefully she will treat me better than Jamie (as of late). A shame really since over the last 5 yrs I have spent a good bit of money with her.

I actually thought of the full reseal kit. Make sense and I am sure those 18yr old stock HG wont last forever. I really really don't like to crack a factory seal unless its required.

I do plan on swapping in a 5MT at some point along with yanking the entire drivetrain to clean and reseal. Note the key word "plan". I guess after being a mechanic for so long I am just burnt out. I don't mind a bit of tinkering but I just cant be bothered anymore! LOL
As I have said before I mostly use Subaruparts.com or 1stSubaruParts.com, but I have just completed my first transaction with Jackie at Annapolis Subaru and am happy as can beee!!! Great service and great prices.

Comparison--ordered 6 exhaust gaskets. Total parts price was $81.70 compared to $80.94 from Subaruparts.com-----BUT SHIPPING---Jackie shipping $5.00 and Subaruparts.com is $9.95. So totals were $86.70 from Jackie and $90.89 from Subaruparts.com.

The really good part---I PLACED THIS ORDER ON MONDAY, 3/22 AND RECEIVED THE ORDER ON THURSDAY, 3/25!!!!!!!!!! Can't beat that. Shipping was from Maryland to small town New Mexico.

The main reason I ordered from Jackie: I was looking for an exhaust gasket for my 97. The illustration on Subaruparts.com shows the flat gasket needed for the front of the main cat, but when you order the part number reflected, it comes in as the donut type gasket needed for the REAR of the main cat. I could not find the part number. Jackie--got it right first time without breaking a sweat.

I know where I will go in the future. I think the best way to order parts there is to first send an email message indicating what you want and then follow up with a phone call.

Just my two cents----again.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE