View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Coolant system woes

Coolant smell out of the exhaust, not good. Can you tell where the coolant may be pouring from when you see the giant puddles?

I would 100% recommend using a Block Tester kit to check for another HG issue, if you have an Autozone near you they rent quality ones for free, you just buy the fluid. I know some here think they dont work but I have seen it work countless times, and it worked on nsm484's SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm484 View Post
Any idea how much this process would cost?

Also, just to update... I did buy a Block Tester. I Syphoned my fluid out of the rad. just enough to make sure it didn't get sucked into the tester.
I did the test 3 times, going nice and easy on the ball as to not suck in air too fast, And each time... It changed to yellow fairly quickly.
I would do this to first rule out HG problems....... compression pressures in your cooling system can cause weird sporadic leaks and other strange symptoms, so ruling that out will help finding other possible problems.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 07-23-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar (nott speld gude)