View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Back from a little trip

So decided on Tuesday to take a good old run to Old Tom's . The ride up was ever so great lol. So great in fact when I got off I-95 in Fredericksburg VA my thermostat decided to stay closed.After I attempted to replace it myself (walking a mile to and back to Advance Auto) I decided to see if it had opened up like it had before. No go I got about a mile down the road and overheating was occurring. So after being out of commission for a few hours. I politely called OT for some minor assistance of and a slight drive to get to me He brought a nice modified thermostat and I promptly ended up at his place at about 2:30 AM .

So what I thought was going to turn out to be just a few simple repairs, Valve and Cam seals, new axle. Turns out my car wanted to act up. What I ended up getting done was
  • Cam Seal
  • Valve Cover
  • 2 New Ball Joints
  • Left front axle
  • More Hose then I can count (Rad hose and many others)
  • Oil Pump and P/S Pump O rings
  • New Water Pump / Thermostat
  • Short found for the Cig Lighter/ Mirror switch
Sure some other things, have to check that nice bill .

Now the short has a very interesting story, apparently the Visor had a short and might post a pic of the wire, but it was causing it to short that fuse. No more smoke that I can see .

Before I left Tom was messing with his toy, Select Monitor and noticed a bad reading for the Alternator. To make along story short, alternator was fine the wire sending the single to the Select Monitor was causing a "False" reading.He he.
I was able to take a 7 1/2 hour drive in about 6 including stopping.

All and all I can not be any happier with the work done. And to say the least I found OT to be very reasonable. Well I am off to go find someone to buy my kidney . But seriously Thanks Tom!

P.S.
Tom I found part of the broken glasses in my back seat you can have it back if you want .

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles