View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade View Post
Alright well first off my transmission rarely shifts into 4th. I have a '94 FWD. Not sure which model.. I think it's the L model. Does this mean my tranny's dying? Anyone had this problem before? I checked the tranny fluid and it's at full and seems to be okay. My uncle said he had some sort of pump thing and would come over to pump out the tranny fluid and put new fluid in, saving me the necessity of having to replace the gasket although I don't know what means exactly and I've heard replacing the transmission fluid can accelerate a failure.

Secondly I've noticed sometimes when taking off from a stop sign my stereo will cut out for a split second and I was wondering what could be causing this. I've got a 10" MTX TC510 Sub hooked up to a crappy amp which I don't remember the specs for and my speakers are MTX Thunder Axe (TX6001) which came with tweeters. The deck is a Pioneer DEH-P4900IB which the speakers are connected directly to. No capacitor.

What cuts out? The in dash or a amp? I bet its the crappy amp because it has a crappy power supply or maybe your voltage is dropping to much. How many watts RMS and what gauge wire you have running to it? Or maybe the amps using to much current from the turn on lead and taking down the in dash. (In that case use a relay) We need more info please.