View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914helo View Post
So I left work early today and when I got home I decided to check to see if maybe my timing belt was off. Sure enough it was off one notch. So off came the crank pulley and timing belt covers and I replaced the timing belt noting exactly where all the marks were. After replacing the belt and center cover I put the crank pulley back on and cranked the engine by hand to make sure the belt was stilled lined up. After 1 complete cycle the timing belt was off one notch again. Then I went through the whole cycle again. The third time I put the belt one notch off then when I checked it after 1 full rotation it was on properly. However I tried a second rotation and it was off one notch again. I'm not sure what's going on. I've never seen something like this before. I'm assuming that when you line everything up that it should stay that way. I've got a new belt and idlers and my tensioner seems to be working as it should.
Oh well, rant over. Now back to the garage round 4.
I'm almost sure you're not, but just want to make sure you're not expecting the lines on the belt to line up with the lines on the crank/cam wheels after you rotate it???

If not, then I'm not sure what would cause that??? With the crank lined up, which cam is off?