View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!! THe worst Bush could do put us in the worst shape in MANy decades... and if you really think that bush only lies rarely..
Wow talk about picky. We've been attacked by terrorists, lost 3000 citizens in one day, removed a murderous dictator from power, survived the largest blackout in the history of the world, braved the worst hurricane season in the history of weather, put martha stewart in jail...oh and Britney got married. Yet we still enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world, and our daily lives remain largely unchanged. How is this the worst shape by any stretch? How can you possibly believe we'd be at all better off with Al Gore in office?

Quote:
Yes Kerry has changed some opinions on things... have you? i know i've changed my opinion on abortion rather recently.
I'm sure you have...so have I. Are you hoping to be the leader of the most powerful nation in the world? I'm not.

Quote:
and i still have no idea how you get class... or dignity out of Mr George W. Bush..
Definetly not class. This is a big reason i'm voting for him.

Dignity? Consider the fact that he's just about the ballsiest man ever to lead this country, I don't think dignity is much of a problem for him.

I don't want a good looking, slick talking, rich man leading this country. I want a friendly, tough, neighborly, and easy to understand president.

Quote:
Kerry is for a very strong nation. however he also believes in not making rash judgements that cost our nation billions upon billions of dollars. think if bush had actually used some diplomacy before he went to war...
...half of us would be dead, the other half would be living in arizona driving electric cars and riding bikes.

Quote:
Shadow.. i agree security is important.. but considering bush has pretty much just over thrown two governments, one of which had NOTHING to do with our national security...think cold war, cuban missile crisis.. pearl harbor.. come on.
Again, if you think Saddam had nothing to do with Al-Queda, then i'd love to come live in your world where everything is exactly the way it seems. How can you call me oblivious, and then go on to say that you honestly believe that Saddam had no connection whatsoever to Al-Queda? It's beyond me.

The Pearl Harbor comment is a good one...I actually had that one come up before...i'll have to seek out that post instead of reposting it here and making my novel even longer.

Quote:
Kerry will raise taxes.. but more so for the "rich" and supposed tax cuts for the middle class.
Wow you really do sound just like him. Sure...he'll raise taxes for the very people who funded his campaign. Notice the rich NEVER get tax hikes. The reason should be obvious. People with money use their money to get more money. Campaign contributions so that they get all the breaks, etc. This is from both sides, not just Kerry. Any candidate who says he will tax the rich is full of it.

Quote:
and YES we WERE making money faster than we spent it, such that in 10 years we would have had a surplus of 5 trillion dollars... look it up...
You know, maybe I should come to your world where plans like this actually work. Do they? Cause according to my budget, if I stop eating out, drive the saturn instead of the T/A, and rent movies instead of going to the theater, for the next month, I will have a surplus. I planned that last month too. Somehow it didn't work. I can't figure out why...but I did find some great new restaurants and saw some good movies!

Yes there was a projected surplus. The point is projected. There is no way in hell that we would actually end up with that money. Are you crazy!? To think that for the next 6 years, everything could go EXACTLY as planned. Yeah, right. Welcome to earth.

Quote:
and yes teh "anybody but bush" clan is pretty big.. notice the website below. but if theres really THAT many people who would rather take anyone in office over bush.. maybe he doesn't deserve respect that people try to give him
Or maybe people just like to whine about stuff. We went to war, so alot of people don't like bush, the man who put us there. This is a historical inevitability. Show me a popular wartime president. There are none. The alternative? We could have not gone to war and everyone would REALLY hate bush because he "didn't have the balls" to get saddam out of power before he started supplying al-queda with weapons. Weapons they used to attack americans during the Super bowl last year (there was fairly conclusive evidence found to support this idea), resulting in the deaths of over 5000 people.

If you don't believe that could have happened, I highly recommend you read the book (or just watch the movie) - "The Sum of All Fears". That story shows quite vividly what happens when you don't act quick enough.

Not to mention gas prices would be double what they are now.

Quote:
Sorry about the length and "rantness" of this post.. didn't know this was such a conservative board.. and i'm at work..doing nothing...
No problem. By the way, didn't you see the SVX network presidential poll thread? Kerry won.

I'd say this board is anything but conservative.