View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
first of all to the "bush is honest" thing... thats total BS... maybe people THINK hes too stupid to lie... but both party's make equally impossible claims.
Kerry has proven countless times that just about everything he says is a lie. Just look at all the commercials and cartoons that use debate and rally footage showing him sayihng one thing and then saying the exact opposite the next day/week...etc.

Bush has proven that he is incapable of lying well. Yeah he lies, but he's not good at it. It's not hard to tell when he's saying things that he really means vs. when he's saying things that he knows he should say.

Quote:
Second everyone needs to decide which issues they are important.... For ME its education, security, healthcare, and economy.. and frankly bush doesn't even talk about education other than his "no child left behind act" which WAS a good idea..
I agree with that statement 100%. But there are a few important details you left out.

Security should be the number ONE priority right now. Why? Because nothing threatens us like poor security. Education, healthcare and economical concerns have been around for years. We're still alive and enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world. National security is relatively new to us, it wasn't until 9/11 that we all realized that we should be worried as much as everyone else. The bottom line is dead people don't care about education, healthcare, and the economy. Dead people would vote for the man who they can trust to protect them (hindsight thing). So all that other fun stuff doesn't matter one bit if we are not safe.

Quote:
Kerry however, wants to help defer the cost of higher education.
Sure he does. Did you catch how he plans to do it? Of course not. Because then he'd have to either LIE (some more), or say "raise taxes", which is another thing he has promised not to do. Really...explain to me how this can be done, because it's beyond me.

Quote:
... look at how bush took a progected 10 year 5 Trillion dollar surplus into a 5 trillion dollar deficit.
Actually that's completely not true. We never had a surplus and never will. It will only get worse with Kerry in office because IF he actually enacts any of these great programs he's proposed, the only way to fund them is through tax hikes. Unless you think he's going to pay for them out of his own pocket?

Quote:
Oh.. and in the original statement basically says they're voting bush Just because of a liberally slanted media... how STUPID is that? why would anyone just vote out of spite.
That's a really funny comment. I CAN see voting one way just to give the big middle finger to some big establishment trying to use their influence to push their agenda on others.

What I CAN'T see is people voting for Kerry just because they hate Bush (BTW this makes up more than 60% of Kerry's support base). The "i'd vote for a parrot over bush" sentiment is ridiculous. So you don't like bush, great. But putting someone you barely even know, and know you can't trust into office, just to spite the man currently in office, whom you happen to disagree with, is just plain ignorant. Kerry will be 10x worse for this country than bush could ever be.

We've seen Bush, and we know the worst he can do. What we haven't seen is how low Kerry can go. Rest assured we will, if he's elected.

Last edited by Shadow248; 10-29-2004 at 11:33 AM.