View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:46 PM
H6 Fanatic

Registered SVX
Wiring

Got the front H6 brakes on, bolted up with no issues. This thing stops!

...And then there's the wiring. It turns out I picked up a VDC setup. I have read these can be a pain to swap/convert/what have you, so I spent a few hours (like 7) digging through the wiring diagrams and decided it was possible to convert my harness to non-VDC. I had to re-pin the TCU connectors, as the VDC unit has three connectors while the non-VDC unit has two, and remove the extra wires not found in the non-VDC harness. I also removed the six wires from the VDC unit to the ECU. The ECU pinouts are the same between the two systems. The downside is the VDC controller uses the ABS sensors and appears to take the place of ABS. So if you want to convert your VDC wagon to non-VDC, there's considerably more wiring fun to be had, and possibly mechanical fun as well. But it should work for my purposes. Below are the re-pinned TCU connectors, with the nearly empty 3rd (green) connector, as well as my cheat sheet for the task.

Here's the stuff I need

And the stuff I don't need

So that's basically all set. Once I get my engine and trans ready to drop in, I just have to take a week off so I can merge the harnesses. My SVX should already be in storage but I shredded a tire on my supposed ' last hurrah of the year' a few weeks ago and had to swap wheels. Finally got around to it today and took her for a ride... DAMN I love that car. SO much faster than my Impreza... for now...

1993 Legacy sedan : winter beater, supposedly.
1994 Legacy wagon : future drift car?
1995 Impreza coupe : EZ30++, daily racecar.
1997 Legacy GT : date night rocket?
2003 WRX : future winter beater