View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Thumbs up Northwest Meet: bring your driving gloves

Well the last couple days I've been out driving Snohomish County backroads, getting lost and trying to plot a good scenic route for next Saturday. Of course I started with Mapquest and then went from there. Two things to look forward to for those planning to come. (or those on the fence)

1) There will be some great scenery, showcasing the diversity of the area. Thick evergreen forests, mountain views (weather permitting), quaint towns, farms, and Puget Sound waterfront. About the only part of the county we will not be exploring first hand will be I-5 corridor where the larger cities are, and the mountains (already did that in August).

2) There will be some great driving worthy of the SVX. At least from my point of view, as I created and tested the route. Towards the beginning there is a three mile stretch with no straight piece of roadway. Then the rest of the route is a bit more tame, but always on less used backroads and highways with not much traffic, at least around 2-3:00 on a weekday there wasn't.

Jim - Not sure at what time you were going to try to join up with us, but if I know you, you are not going to want to miss the first part of the route.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...