View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 12:20 AM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I'm so proud of myself!

Sorry, but I just have to brag.

I have never in my life driven a 4-wheel drive trail. I mean a real one, where you really do need 4-wheel drive.

Until today that is (or actually yesterday cause it's now after midnight).
Our neighbor is a big jeeper and he and his friends do all these wicked obstacles in Moab, UT and things, but they were going to do a nice, easy (to them!) drive this evening to go up on the mountains around us and barbecue and watch the sunset. We didn't actually get to watch the sunset because we had to wait on people and left too late.

But I digress....
So there are these 5 Jeeps, all but one with real major-league experience. And here Chris and I are, feeling like the red-headed step-child, in our 4-door Dakota. But I trust my neighbor when he says that we shouldn't have any problem at all.

I did a great job! I am so proud of myself, you don't even know.
There was one rock obstacle which I drove down myself. Had to have a bit of help because with the longer wheelbase, and my inexperience, I didn't really know the right technique, so I got stuck. But they helped me figure it out and down I went. The rest of the road was just steep and soft and definitely 4x4 territory.

My lovely little truck did a wonderful job. I didn't drive it back up the obstacle though because I was a bit too nervous about it and it was pitch dark. But next time!!!

Thanks for letting me brag!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*