View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
You can't count out the 3000GT VR4 just yet. Even though Mitsubishi doesn't have the best reliability record, it always seems like build quality wise they their flagship packages they move up a par. for example, look at the Eclipse GTS compared to the GSX, it is like night and day, while with the GTS you can see the gap in the panels. I remember I saw a GSX going down the highway, even before I saw the three letters on the back, I noticed no gaps in the paneling and a more of a solid made of metal glint, then I saw the back and knew. I have also seen a great looking 3kgt vr4, the interior still looked, the exterior had some dirt and then I saw the odometer which read over 100k.

Also if the 3000GT VR4 is such a whale of a car, how can it still manage the 1/4 mile at 13.7. They also have decent handling and at least its AWD. I admit though it doesn't have on par reliability compared to say the NSX or perhaps the Supra, but I have read on it and the general consensus is that 3kgt can last up to 160k miles without major problems with around 115k facing lesser problems. The VR4s seem to last longer (like I said before flagship build quality). And with a cheaper price then the Supra TT or NSX, it is a good buy.

However, if you want an even better deal you should consider the Stealth R/T. Same exact interior and engine as the VR4, but its body makes it even lighter in weight. Also, I have not heard anything that makes it any worse in build quality then the 3000GT and with a general price that is thousands less, it is definitely something to consider.