View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 12:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Hey guys,

Thought I throw in my .02 cents here. Last weekend I finished replacing all front pads with a set from Autozone: Raybestos $35/1 year warranty. Couple of weeks ago, I replaced the rear pads and rotors. Again, the pads were bought from another Foreign auto parts place for $35/set no warrantee. One rear rotor was bought from Murrays auto for $50 another one from Foreign parts place for $75. I'll replace the front rotors too in the near future now that I saw their condition. Both rotors thicknesses were checked using a micrometer and they were identical.

Flushing the brake fluid is a very very good idea when you're doing brake work. When you squeeze the pistons to make more room for the new pads, please open up the bleed screw and drain the old fluid out. Don't send it back into the system. You'll be sick when you see how dirty the old fluid is. I use an old jelly glass bottle with a small hole in the lid. I use an old vacuum hose to drain the fluid into this jar. The beauty of using a glass jar is that you can see the bubbles and the fluid color. I also recommend purchasing a pressure bleeder like Motive power bleeder for around $40. They make this whole thing a one person job and you don't ever have to worry about topping off the reservoir.

Hope this helps some of you.

Ali
'92 Pearlie

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E