View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Reading XIII Dates Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII View Post
John,

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse?
What happened to Reading XII (12)?
My suggestion would be to encourage a true 20th would be to suspend Reading for a year and focus the efforts on a real 20th like the BEAUTIFUL one you were so instrumental in seeing through. Then since there is already a great event set up the 3rd weekend in May 50 miles west of Reading at the Carlisle Import/ Kit Car show just put together a combined group with the Ultimate Subaru Message Board. Nice 3 day event, plenty of stuff to do including an autox on site, good food, different vendors and then the interaction with those with a passing intrest in the car. They even offer camping on site! If this would be something that the group would want to pursue then now is the time to act. Hotel rooms do get scarce and pricey in Carlise and the other downside is that there isn't a hotel on site so it would split up the field. Then again I know this crazy guy with a Winnebago for rent!

Provided you have at least 20 entries at $20 for the first car which includes a 3 day pass for 2 people you get a nice big club tent, grills can be brought and they let you drink on site provided you're not a complete idiot about it.

Oh and Larry, both you and John can bring your best rides and have them judged by the professional concours panel.