View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM

1994 Honda Civic

A friend of mine has a 94 Honda Civic EX coupe., with a 4 cylinder engine. I have been enlisted to help fix it. It has always ran well (its a Honda Civic, they always last forever) but as of last night, all of a sudden, the weirdest thing wil happen. When you try and start it, it will start for about half a second and then turn itself off. Normally, when an engine wont turn over, it either just relay clicks, and wont being to crank, or it will crank without catching. However, this engine catches and starts, but will not continue to run. It doenst stall out either, it just turns off. What could this be? I pulled the spark plug wires, and it looks like the spark plug need replacing, and I disconnected the battery, but now it starts allright. If this should happen again, where should I look? Everything else looks ok, nothing is cracked, disconnected or broken. Also, does the civic ECU "learn" like our SVX ones do? Because now its idling pretty high, and I told her it would re-learn what sped to idle at.