View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Oh my SVX has a rather sharp shock when shifting from 1st to 2nd and it gets worse when the tranny is very cold or very hot. I used to shift to N when the SVX was stopped but most days in traffic I am not stopped for longer than about 5 seconds. So at least with my SVX I found that just leaving it in 2nd (manual) works pretty good with very light acceleration. If it looks like I will be stopped for a long time, more than a minute, I shut the engine off.

I used to have a working tranny temperature gauge and I found that driving in 1st, 2nd, D or shifting to N when stopped made no difference in the temperature after about 20 minutes of stop n go. ON the way home it sometimes can be "stop n go", up hill, for about an hour or so with speeds ranging from zero to about 30mph continuously. (Not the best ride for a clutch unless your leg is real strong. ) The tranny is always shifting between 1st and 2nd if I let it and as it gets hotter the shock from 1st to 2nd gets worse. Oh yeah the 4EAT has been doing this since the day I got it, about 130k miles ago.

What's the best thing to help the tranny have a long life? Drive with the TC locked all the time. This means "drive alot on the highway".

Now I remember “The Foam” for the window stop. I hope I remember the next time I’m in the door. Thanks

What’s a cassette tape? It’s one hell of a hard thing to scratch.