View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
UberRoo,

What you're saying makes good sense in theory, but is hard to prove in reality.

I've posted my results using the SSM when in the awd diagnostic mode. The excerpt I posted at the start of this thread from the Road & Track Guide about the multi-plate transfer clutch seemed to reiterate these findings.

If you or Harv can think of an elegant way to show the torque split is closer to 90/10 than 60/40 in normal driving (with no braking, acceleration or steering inputs affecting transfer) then by all means prove these results wrong.

-Chike
Hi Chike,I am not trying to disprove what you say. I am only telling it like it is.

If you read back, on what I have written on the subject over the years, you will find that, I have allways been saying the same things. If you believed I said "that the split was allways fixed at 90/10", then you have not read what I have previously said.

When the Road & Track report is used as "The Gospel ",to prove a technical point, I do tend to worry about the resultant conclusion. Just in the bit that you have posted to 'reiterate your findings', we find that they say," that the signal for the Transfer, comes from the ABS brake system". They get a bit confused on the technical bits.

If you get to look at the Work Shop Manual, you will find a 3 Dimensional map, that shows the clutch pressure, relative to, selected gear, speed and throttle opening, that is a better guide to base conclusions on.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.