View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 09:14 PM

I was hoping for you to see this thread tonight Beav, and thankfully you didn't miss it. I inverted all the black pics with Photoshop so that I could print them and write with a red marker all the torque specs next to the bolts you pointed out. I should now have a nice 'manual' with all the information I need for tomorrow's big job.

Since I am 'recycling' all the hardware, I am aware I should be torquing to the lowest number. I however am terrified with the thought of some bolt getting loose and ruining my life. Since the two torque values are often pretty far from each other (30 to 50% increase for new hardware) I am tempted to torque somewhat halfway between the two values, for instance "Rear Stabilizer Link Nut .................... 10-19 = 15..." Am I being paranoid? Should I just follow the chart and not think about loosening parts?

Quote:
for those that bought the really cheap foreign tools that didn't put ft.lbs on the scale. *wink*
Hey, my torque wrench is not that bad! Paid 11 bucks for it (on Sale) but it looks like the real deal!

Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)