View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 07:43 PM
XSVX Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ryan
More SVX problems - tranny resistor and LSD/ABS related

I have yet more problems with my SVX.

#1) Very weird stuff when turning at low speeds. This may sound like a steering pump o-ring issue, but there's something going on in the back end that leads me to think elsewise. When turning in a circle slowly at low speeds, the car feels like it is getting hung up on something. If you take your foot off the gas the car will come to a stop. It does the same when backing up. At idle in drive the car feels like something is pulsatiing when going in a straight line. If you were to back up with the wheel locked to one side, stop, and pull forward with the wheel on the other lock...the rear wheel that is on the inside of the forward turn skips like it is locking up. Now I know my ABS computer is giving a light for an ABS sensor, but would it cause this reaction (I unplugged my ABS solenoid fuse and that didn't help)? Is my rear LSD going bad?

#2) Tranny resistor is non existent when plugged in. I had the Smallcar Auto Shiftkit in for a few days to try it out, then took it out and plugged the wire back together like OEM so just the OEM resistor was in place. It feels like it's not even there anymore. The POWER light blinks 16 times like it's not there. And the car will rev to 3000 in first gear before it shifts to second. Is my stock resistor toast?

In addition to #1, I did a search and indeed it sounds exactly like clutch binding. I looked at the serial # of the rebuild transmission and the number is 323767 - which does not look good in my favor. I'm going to do the self test tonight on the tranny to see if it's solenoid C. I'm going to try that LSD additive first. Should I drain some ATF before adding the additive?

Last edited by Ryan; 07-20-2004 at 05:12 AM.