Thread: 128K Miles
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 09:52 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by sk8ing19
Thanks guys, you just made me feel a whole hell of alot better about rolling mine over to 70K I wanted to cry today when I looked down and saw how close I am to the 70K mark.

Okay Cool A$$ Story. So last sunday I am cleaning the SVX, and getting ready for this weeks meet. For some reason I decided to get into the panel for my tail lights. Once in I noticed some paper stuffed in there, so I started pulling the crap out, there where all kinds of maps and a bunch of trash (crap) in there. However I never would have guessed what I would find below it all. There it was in all its glory, the original paper work in its dirty but original Subaru SVX Stamped pouch. I think the coolest part was finding out where the car was first sold, the first owner, the original price paid, and that I am the second owner. All in all it was a pretty cool night or maybe I need to get out more.

Okay so this story might not be that cool a$$ but I still wanted to share it with y'all.

Ryan if it makes you feel any better I still owe 5000 on mine.

Later
Chris
Yes, it's a cool a$$ story and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. So far, I've had to buy all my "original" stuff: The folder (which fits neatly behind the large rubber band against the back side of the glove box -- for those of you who don't know it's there); the remotes (didn't have one); OE Keys (mine came with a "copy"); the Jacket ; and, the tool kit. Not to mention the OE wipers, and oh yeah, a tranny.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI