View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
Re: OEM struts. Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Maybe you should pull that unicorn horn out of your a$$ as I would be happy to supply you the documentation of the numerous failures my car had over 14 months with "new" subaru rear struts. Even put less than 100 miles on one set... Hell I get more mileage out of race slicks then that.
Your case is one of the two that I was able to find while searching. The thread I found of yours was posted in 2005, which would have been before the most recent run in 2007 (if that run of parts happened). The other one, was a member that posted in the last strut thread we had, just a week or so ago. (This strut thing seems to be a weekly thread now )

The point we are trying to make here, is that it is very poorly documented. Have you actually tried searching for people with first hand experience with this issue on this forum? I have, and almost every thread is filled with nothing but hearsay that was repeated over and over again from previous threads. Unless people who have had the issue have actually put it in a thread somewhere, then their case is undocumented, whether it happened or not.

If we want to get to the bottom of this, we need to get a list going to document how many people have ordered replacement struts, and how many of those have failed.

We also need to get a list going of people who have ordered them, and exactly what date codes (if any) were labeled on their bags/struts. Pictures would be nice as well.

Documenting and observing the data - it's the only way we are going to get past all these "opinions" and attempt get to the bottom of this.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6

Last edited by Coan; 10-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.