View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 04:40 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist

Make sure you get a good one. Preferably a low miler with a fanatical owner.

If it is on eBay and looks unloved, walk away. Don't kid yourself that you can turn it into a beauty with a respray. Possibly you can, but if it was not loved and serviced, lots of other expensive jobs will be lining up, needing to be done.

Last bit of advice, try and buy a car from an older person or from a family who are fastidious about servicing. Be wary of buying cars from students. No offense meant if you are one, but we get them here all the time "How am I going to get the money for a new MAF/knock sensor/....[insert any essential piece of kit that can break or wear out..]??"

If you try to run one without proper servicing and ignoring CE stuff that need attention, it will bleed you.

Best of luck with the search. They are worth it.

Joe
Very, very, sound advice, do not ignore it.

Take your time in making a choice and don't rush into anything. Pay for quality, there will be a good one out there.
N.B. Find one that has not been messed with in ANY way shape or form.

I was lucky enough to find such a car seven years ago, and it has been an excellent trouble free daily driver. It is now, as when purchased, faultless.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!