View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 03:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I can't stand those carpeted dash mats. Never have I said to myself, 'oh, I wish somebody made one for my car in a horrid reddish orange.'

In the same category, I saw my now-favorite example of home body repair. It was a giant Chevy va, probably mid-80s. Some of the plastic chrome trim around the headlights was damaged, so the owner filled in the big missing spot with Great Stuff foam and spray painted that silver.

Unfortunately, the paint (or propellant) corroded the Great Stuff and the surface...well...full of holes...

This van was sighted at the same WalMart where I saw a brand-new Explorer Sport Track with some gorgeous bargain-bin enhancements. That one was festooned (I'd hoped to use that word this week) with dozens of red stick-on reflectors, unevenly spaced and definitely not in straight lines. It was probably a 2WD model, because the owner had used electrical tape on the quarter panels to spell out '4X4.'

I can't understand why anybody would tackify (if that's not a word yet, I claim it as mine) a brand-new vehicle. Now, there's a Nissan Pulsar that I often see in the parking garage here in A2. It's got swoopy chrome plastic hubcaps, a giant Nike swoosh in the rear windshield and is spray-painted yellow. No, wait, I take that back - it may have been painted with brushes. Anyway, I can understand doing that stuff to that car because one headlight stays in the up position and the car looks like it has literally been twisted longitudinally 15 degrees.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE