View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to seehecksdeeh
Re: Coolant question

svxpert:
I'm not too sure what you mean by how, specifically. We drained the engine block before replacing the radiator, then just filled it up. Is there a specific method to this?

dcarrb:
My main reasons in guessing that it's coming from the reservoir are that you can see traces of where it's running down off under the lid. Also, looking down the sides by the battery down to the front, it's usually wet. My temperature gauge reads normally. The only time the temperature started climbing was when I had forgotten to add more coolant and I was idling for a bit while the radiator was "empty."

Twinboosted:
What methods are there to bringing the reservoir level down? I've siphoned the stuff out before, but I would prefer a less risky method, haha.

kwren:
If it's the radiator cap, does that mean something is wrong with it? I don't know how to differentiate those things. If it helps any, the new radiator didn't come with a cap, so I just used the OEM one that was on my old radiator. Could it be a compatibility issue? Are there symptoms as I go that could possibly point more to one situation than the other?

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.