View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 11:23 AM
BongMonster

Hey gang -

I'm the dude from the wrx wreck (bongmonster / alan). The accident and the time since has been one heck of a ride!

I was actually sitting upright during the crash, I turned my upper body "to the left" as I was being pushed underneath the trailer infront of me.

Most of the damage in the pictures/video is a result to the accident itself, the rescue crew used the jaws of life to extract me (they cut the driver side aframe and cut off the driverside door). Everything happened at just the right time and just the right way for me to be alive (ie another inch ether way and I would have been a goner).

My story has gained a huge following, I think it's a good story of survival and I hope it's made a positive impact on atleast one persons life (other than me). The thread on NASIOC is long, but worth the read. It almost tells a day-day story of what happened after the wreck, etc.

I really appreciate all thje well wishes and positive response that I've gotten (nearly 5 million people have downloaded the news video. Thanx.

I ended up buying an 05 STI, I love it.

Last edited by BongMonster; 10-06-2004 at 11:30 AM.