Thread: Motor swap..
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to LiquidForce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Yeah low end torque might kinda suck.. nothing a little nitrous can't fix though.
this is the setup I am running in my WRX. I am pretty happy with the low end torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
An engine swop would be even more work. especially when we now have a complete supercharger kit available from LAN. The reason engine swops are easy (and I hesitate to say easy, because it's still a lot of work) on the hondas and the 240sx are because they have become so common that aftermarket companys are make all the necassary adapters for it. Trying to splice together the wiring harrness to but in a different engine will drive you mad.
Plenty of people have swapped the WRX engine into older RS's. I know the wiring will be an issue. But I think that will be the only major one. It's not like I am trying to put a v8 in the car. Looking at where the motor mounts are on the EG33 they appear to be in the same place as the 2.5l or 2.0. If thats the case then it should drop right in. I'll find out for sure when I pull the motor this week. I'd do it tonight but the Notre Dame game is on.