View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Buying a new (or nearly new) legacy - any advice?

I hate my 2011 legacy base model 6 speed manual.
I got it on a lease for $189/mo and cannot wait to turn it in..

It feels big, heavy, and slow, but the steering is crisp, the steering wheel wants to toss the car around like it is an impreza, but it is not an impreza, it weights too much and is to tall and has to much roll, it is the only subaru I have ever driven that felt like I could flip it on a hard corner..

If it is windy at all it gets blown all over the highway, if your passing semi trucks at 70mph, the draft will push you, it is borderline scary when it is raining..

My mother has a 2010 premium with the CVT and paddle shifters, seems to deliver the power to the wheels differently, it feels smoother, the steering feels a little slower, they are like driving 2 different cars.
But that is also a sail on the highway...

If he is going to buy one, make sure he takes on the highway and gets passed and passes a semi trailer, or that it is windy out.

Stock tires are so bad in the rain.. I found myself white knuckled on the steering wheel just going 65 on the highway, car just feels out of control and dangerous to drive in a windy rain thunderstorm..

The upside is that it is huge on the inside, seats 4 people very comfortably, spent 12 hours strait in it doing drives back and forth to TN 4 times in the last 6 months.

If the weather is good, it is a comfortable effortless drive in the legacy.
If it is raining and windy and your on 81 coming down the mountains around Wilkes-Barre, I seriously thought we were going to die a couple times going 40mph getting blown around by the semi trailors buzzing us at 70mph...

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 06-21-2013 at 11:36 PM.