View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 AM

Re: latest year with manual conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansvx View Post
I was wondering if anyone has done a manual conversion of either 5 or 6 spd on 96~97 models? any issue? please share details. appreciated!
1996 swap here just finished and waiting for drive shaft... starts and runs great. Check engine light is still on though.. Any one know how to disable that or is that something I'll have to deal with?
Huck369's write-up for cable driven swap is MUCH recommended no matter the year... Mine is the 1996 LSI model and so far there are no problems. Maybe after all is done and figured out, I can get him to update his write up to include any thing that is different for the 96~97 cars. (How bout it Huck? ) lol

If any one is interested here is a link to the pics of my swap.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1836535

There are many different ways to fabricate every thing. Mine is just done out of the convenience of the parts I had available. Any good welder and mechanic can design their own things with out any problems. I had a full donor car to cut up and use what ever I wanted to. If your not mechanically inclined or know how to weld then replace your tranny with stock or take it to some one who can.

Last edited by Brandon770; 04-12-2009 at 06:51 AM.