Thread: Legacy Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Legacy Issues

Maybe someone here with some mechanical background can help me out. Basically, my Legacy is undriveable. It's been sort of a progressing matter, getting worse up until the past two or three days where the car is not driveable.

Car: 1991 Subaru Legacy L AWD 2.2l MPFI 151,000 miles

Symptoms (all occur at or close to normal operating temperature; none occur when car is cold):
Unable to idle
Randomly dies out while driving along
Bogs to the point of stalling out when trying to pull out onto a road (ie, I press on the gas and the car just stalls)
After said point of stalling, the car will refire, but then just shut off
At some points, it is completely unresponsive to the throttle (ie, I press on the gas and the car does nothing...except shut off; part of the shutting off at road speeds)

What I have replaced: Knock Sensor, Coolant Temp. Sensor, Plug Wires, Fuel Filter, Plugs.

I have reset the ECU. And part of the reset is that you have to make it 'relearn', yet when it gets to operating temp, the car just stalls out when it's idling there (car is supposed to just idle until it reaches operating temp to 'relearn'). The car did throw a code before I reset the ECU for the MAF (which I have on order), but since the reset, it hasn't thrown that code.

So, what's wrong with it? I hope that the MAF fixes it, but I'm hitting up all the forums I'm on to see what other people may have in mind (here especially because there are some ASE certified techs on the board).

Thanks in advance,
Jason
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi