View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bizarre Send a message via Yahoo to Bizarre Send a message via Skype™ to Bizarre
Check out www.boschusa.com. But be warned. The first one I installed went was bad out of box. The second went bad in 6 months. (given I am no master mechanic, but I have done 6 alt jobs).
Third one going strong. They have a 12 month warranty and cost about $195.00

Some people say Bosch sucks and they may be right. I was just too cheap to buy a SUB original and too impatient to have it rebuilt at a local ALT shop.

Clean the negative ground connection too. Where it bolts to the frame.

There are also 2 types of SVX alt.: 95 amp for those with ABS & AWD and I think 80 amp for the FWD/no ABS SVX models.
But I would think the mounts and therefore ALT casing should be the same size for redundancy's sake. Autozone probably gave you a Legacy or Justy Alt.

I have read of some guys here putting in 110 amp + after market alternators as the 95 AMP is barely enuff to keep the SVX afloat; considering they also installed whomping stereo systems.
I have never seen the part number or manufacturer listed of the 110+, however.

If you are willing to gamble here is the Bosch part #:

Part Number Description
AL4328X Reman Alternator MITSUBISHI; Amps: 95; Internal Regulator; 12V; Clock-Wise Rotation

Good luck,
Biz

p. some dude in my ALT post recommended this store:
www.discountautoparts.com

"In times of peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side." Sun Tzu c 300 b.c.