View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 02:59 PM

I´ve had the same problem!

Last year it happened to me, the alternator regulator shorted and pumped out high voltage, resulting in welded relays, blown diodes and other nasties.

See my thread: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41614

If youre not experienced in faultfinding autoelectrical systems and electronics, I suggest you ask for help. I do know some about it, and it was very, very hard to trace and correct the various problems.

As for your problem with the wipers I suspect the wiper control unit. A small black plastic box behind driver vent outlet (quite hard to find and remove). There are three relays and one was welded short, causing the fuse to pop. As for your intstrument cluster a big protection diode at the small printed circuit board at the back of the assembly was shot and causing no lights.

However no accident like this is identical and you may have other circuits affected.

My experience is however to have all wiring diagrams at hand, identify all units, relays and connectors, have loads of patience and a good digital volt meter. If you put time into it I am certion that you can fix it.

Good luck!

Rgds Alex