View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:48 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kis86
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with it...and it's just way too much to have it towed on a flatbed or something. I have the return trip planned so I can go maybe 45 mph (55 mph roads...) all the way home, and definitely stop every once in a while to make sure fluids are ok and nothing is wrong.

I wish I knew what was wrong with the car, and then could make a good decision on what I need to do!
You are indicting that you know what you are about. My notes will I am sure not be required, but could reinforce your own thoughts. Follow your nose and you may be able to sort something out regarding the fault before your return trip. The engine should cope no problems, but keep an eye on temperature and oil.

The transmission should be your main concern, as the existing fault may not be vital and it is best to not cause additional damage. First, check the fluid level and keep checking it and have top up fluid on hand. Be confident, patient and careful and you will make it. Let us know how you get on.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!