View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
I am an SVXyGirl again!

After spending the winter SVXless I now have my SVX back! For those who don't know and/or remember my SVX blew it's front differential on October Friday the 13th. SOoooo a bunch of friends got together and bought me a transmission. I thought it was coming from the same person that my brother bought the 300ZX JDM engine from. But it came from the infamous edknot (btw it was sold outside of ebay). My brother picked it up (it looked good on the outside) and brought it home to surprise me. A couple days later we were tinkering with the tranny and I noticed some marks on the side of it. So we noticed that something wasn't right with the front diff. So we opened it up only to NOT find the ring gear. It was missing. Also it looked like someone had chopped at it with an axe. So long story short we have a transmission that probably doesn't work. But, we are going to try and see if it works out of curiousity. I was going to take him to court. Sadly I don't exactly know who edknot is...and by the time I found out it would have been getting late. So he gets away with this one.
ANYWAY...So I bought a transmission from hisport. He was parting out a silver SVX with 77k on it (it had a messed up front end). My brother picked it up on the way back from Florida. So after sitting for a month because of my schedule we got the new transmission in my car. And I found out that the torque converter had been replaced just before I bought it. So that was completed on Friday...during the ice and snow storm. The same day I looked at a 94 Emerald Green SVX LSi (I think..I'm not good with the LSi, L, and LSL thing). The next thing I know I have a another SVX in the driveway. Both SVXs are still at my grandparents. The green one will have a tranny swap starting next week and the claret will be coming home soon too. I just need to put insurance and stuff back on it. So here they are together. Sorry for the glare, but the sun was in the way .

So that was my weekend...YES I know the rims are on backwards. I'll fix that. More pics in my locker.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Last edited by SVXyGirl; 03-20-2007 at 09:59 PM.