View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I need to clear up the confusion on the reds worldwide. As I understand it, there are three (or maybe four) reds:

Crimson Mica (not offered in the US, but listed in the chart as 265, with Dark Red/Claret)
Barcelona Red (The 25th anniversary color and on 93-94's sold in the US.
Brilliant Red (Replaced Barcelona Red starting in 1995 through 1997 in the US)

And then there is something called Swiss Ruby Mica (a UK color) Is this similar to Crimson Mica? See the attachments) Offered in Switzerland.Germany?

Which of the last two colors does "Bright Red" refer to? I thought it was another name for Brilliant Red. It shows up in the German section of the chart in 1993.(I thought the Germans got the Mica paint)

Both of them, unfortunately

On eBay at the moment, a Swiss guy is selling a '93 German catalogue, or at least a '93 catalogue that is in German.
In this catalogue there is a car shown in the colour chart that is called Bright Red. The colour code is Barcelona Red, it has the black roof same as the UK one in my locker.

James has what he calls a European catalogue up. This is post '95, because the all-one-colours are up on it, incl Polo Green. Now this European catalogue is in English and has RHD cars, so it is a UK catalogue. It contains two strange or imprecise colour names.
In conflict with our German colours above, they list Bright Red, but this is coded for Brilliant Red, and is all one colour. So far two different colours called Bright Red.

Now it gets worse. They list what they call Crimson Mica. The code for this particular Crimson Mica is what we think of as Bordeaux, and it is the all-over colour. This conflicts with the name the Japanese gave to 265, which is Claret and Black and which in Japan is called Crimson Mica.

The last one you mention John is very rare, nobody I know has seen that colour in a UK car. Ruby Mica is a name I have used for it, maybe it's full name is Swiss Ruby Mica? This is code 247, listed in Japan as Red Mica. I think it's a beautiful colour. That Australian one you have in the last picture, it is a smashing car.

Incidentally, Bipa who is/was stationed in Germany owns one of this colour, which I think she purchased from Switzerland, or from a Swiss owner. Actually, has anybody heard from her lately? I don't think she has posted in a long while, I hope she is all right.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl