View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Looks like I get to join this merry group too

About 3 weeks ago, I was sitting in the car waiting for Cass and was watching the rpm's (had always been fascinated with how smooth and constant they were) - anyways, the rpm's begin to drop and I notice the car begin to rock..."I say, I wonder what that is" says I (note: much more colourful language used, and to remain used for the rest of this topic in addition to hair pulling

In 'N' I apply more rpm to see what it does and I notice that the smooth engine note has what appears to be a miss or something our of synch...at about 1500rpm to 1700rpm the car begins to chug and die!! All manners aside, I cry "what the fire truck is going on"

Has been doing that now at that rpm speed, which is a pain when in 'D' and driving, then going to accelerate and the engine and transmission (clunky changes) have a meeting, decide on a course of action (meanwhile, I am facing oncoming traffic!) then decide, as I press the accelerator furiously, to unleash all the power at once and whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeey off it screams down the road, transmission slamming back a gear or too, Cassie belting me into the head and me protesting "Its the car"

I have no &^*^ idea...will try changing air filter, fuel additives then driving off a cliff

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!