Thread: dilema
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 12:49 AM
acid23

Unhappy dilema

Alright so I have a 92 Svx and I develop a small belt squeel so first thing, I had my belts replaced, problem fixed, for a week or so. Then I decided to take my car to a local place in town where I go to college and they said the sound was from my under drive bearing seizing up causing my belts to be off. Ok so we fixed that, $150. Problem fixed, for a day atleast. So I took it back to them and said the problem still wasn't fixed, which they took another look at it and decided it was my alternator this time responsible for the squeel, so we fixed that $238 total. Problem was fine for another day until the squeel came back and now my dash lights are coming on whenever i turn my wheel hard left or hard right, so I bring it back to them and said hey fix this please, so after taking another look they decided it was my valve in the power steering pump not opening causing excess pressure which is why i hear the squeel when I turn and they told me they wouldnt service that type of repair so I have to take it to the dealer. Personally Im out roughly $400 hundred dollars and whatever the cost to repair a broken steering rack, any opinions on how i should go about dealing with this problem?