View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 11:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav

Normally I don't speak for others (yeah, right ) but I think he's currently enjoying Justy season and leaving the SVX in the garage.
You are correct, Beav. It is, indeed, Justy season (isn't it always???) and my SVX is sleeping soundly in the garage until spring. It really slips a lot now and getting up to 4th (which it holds) is difficult. I wanted its last drive for the year to be to the car wash and back, but now I hear there's a lot of snow on the ground in MI. (We're in NC visiting Amber's parents.)

I have a used Subaru rebuilt tranny lined up, and I'll put that in the SVX when it's available. Since that'll leave my dead tranny as a spare, I plan on rebuilding it myself. That'll be an adventure. :P But, if I'm successful, I get to put the original back in the car.

IwantaSVX, your potential SVX sounds like it has exactly the same problem that mine did. Yeah, you can probably flush it and make it work, but for how long is anybody's guess. My mechanic's has lasted for two years and mine only a week. What's clogging the fluid lines is debris and, as Beav wisely said, 'that debris comes from somewhere.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 12-01-2002 at 11:11 AM.