View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: New How-To Document Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricter View Post
I've got a question. I skimmed through a number of the pdf files and noticed that a good deal of them are simply one or two page pdf files of just text. Could we, over time, get the contents of those pdf files posted into the thread instead of linked?

I know that'll take even more work and I wouldn't expect it done immediately, but that way the information would be right there without the additional step of downloading and opening another file, and then the contents would be searchable through the forum search function.

If not, the data there is already awesome - I'm by no means complaining.
I'd actually prefer the ones that are just text be updated with pictures and made 100% idiot proof.

I do like the option of having them ALL be in the pdf format so that all the info for one job is in one document that can easily be printed and taken out to the garage. And like I said, I hope as people use these we can add more pictures and details to them as well.

Good point on the searching though. Maybe there is a way to add "tags" to them that the search function can pick up?

And of course with this great organization Earl has done, once someone figures out what they need to do they can easily find it just by browsing through the structure.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...