View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Re: Overheating, First thing to do... try the HG Test.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Third, I would strongly recommend you have the heads machined and pressure tested while they are off..... if they warped even a little bit while they were overheated, and you dont machine them flat again on the sealing surface, expect to need new head gaskets again shortly.
Any idea how much this process would cost?

Also, just to update... I did buy a Block Tester. I Syphoned my fluid out of the rad. just enough to make sure it didn't get sucked into the tester.
I did the test 3 times, going nice and easy on the ball as to not suck in air too fast, And each time... It changed to yellow fairly quickly.

After having a long talk with Fuji (AvPPoW) I have decided to hold off on doing this, until I can get the needed time off to do it slowly and correctly.
Since this will be my first time doing a job like this, I am planning on taking 5 days off. I have 8 hours of Vacation, so I plan on doing it between work weeks as to not loose any hours.

Parts I have so far: Head Gasket, Valve Cover Gasket, and Spark Plug Tube Gaskets. Anything else I should get with this, that would fit my very limited budget?

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)