View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 09:28 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
...My old caddy had electrical gremlins...I feel for ya man.That thing would decide to not even turn over on cold or humid days and the carburator always bogged out on hot days.That and there was some serious draw on the battery.
...Still never figured it out
Anyway, heres the old' yankee inginuity way to test for (most) shorts.
Go to your fuse box at night,and one at a time pull fuses. as you pull them and put them back in,look to see if it sparks.If it sparks, theres a short somewhere on that circuit.
It works best at night so you can see the spark easier.In some cases theres a short that wont necicarrily blow a fuse...
This may have been outruled already(Or mabey this new technowladgie thing doesnt even have one) but have you tested the voltage regulator?

Im stumped otherwise...Best of luck
This test will simply show that a circuit is drawing current which could relate to a normal condition. However with the ignition turned off and nothing switched on that can normally be energized with the ignition off, a spark can indicate something suspect. A good idea for someone who does not have a meter.

In this case, a proper current test appears to have been performed at the battery connections, thus covering all circuits in one hit.

We are stumped as you so rightly say.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 07-24-2006 at 09:38 PM.