View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
Thanks for the nice shot of the 356's parked in a row.

A traffic way is the total width of the street, including shoulders and berms, and usually also 6 feet past that. A bicycle may not be parked on the shoulder like a car or motorcycle. A parking lot is off the traffic way, but open to through traffic and therefore some vehicle regulations pertain to actions on private lots. A land vehicle may use any or all of a traffic way, so long as it doesn't cross into oncoming traffic lanes or cause property damage. If the rear axle of the trailer stayed inside the curb line, I think you have and issue with the shop owner for having you park a passenger convaynce within the traffic way. But all my experience is in PA. Check your local laws.
Okay thanks for the info. Your info prompted me to call the local deputy. I explained the situation and the deputy said that the bike was parked where it should be. There is no sidewalk, only a patio. What looks like a sidewalk is really a patio. Thats why the shop owner is permitted to put up a hand railing.

I know all this is difficult to see in the pictures so I sent the insurance company the contact info for the deputy that I spoke to.

I feel a lot more like I do now then I did before.

92 SVX 5spd, (sold),92 SVX Teal, 67 Mustang 351C 5spd, 00 Galant.