View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Re: Memory dump of ECU

What exactly are the Bitmaps for?
Also what vehicle are they off, Rom ID?

If they are the CEL Bitmaps, there's a lot of stuff on there mine doesn't have, and also a lot of stuff mine does have.

Or are they the bits which cause relays to switch on and off? (Power steering on mine hasn't got any sensors or electronics at all.)

I just spent 2 hours yesterday reading this thread from Page 1 to 62 all over again, fishing out bits of info.

I've got my hands on a spare ECU and loom, and have made a board up with connector blocks so its on a bench next to my PC and cup of coffee.
Its a 1996 EUDM Legacy 2.0GL (N/A) with the "T8" Ecu.
Hi-res pictures can be found in the thread Phil set up for me.
He has been helping me disassemble over at the subiesmart website in this thread here: http://www.subiesmart.com/forum/inde...opic,44.0.html
There's a few people that have started doing it but never seem to have ended on that website, its nice as it deals with individual models of ECU in separate threads, rather than everyone hijacking a single one.

I am however looking for a way to dump segments of the Rom file, I noticed Nobiwan managed to do it, but it doesn't state which software he used.
I rather suspect its Linuxy stuff (Blashphemy to me!)
I'm wanting to dump the RAM at 1000 to 14FF only, and have no idea how to request blocks of data like that, I only know how to get the whole ROM (Rensu's software) or line for line (Hexcomtool).

Any input is appreciated

Cheers,
Daniel.