View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Understand This

The Administrators, officers, moderators, and staff of the SVXWN DO NOT CONDONE OR SUPPORT collaborated posts of violence. This could be considered in some states conspiracy to commit assault and against the law.

As someone whom has been taken by scammers in the past, I totally understand the anger and frustration. You can vent and warn other members "tactfully" but do not put the rest of us as risk. If something WAS to happen to this individual and law enforcement official launched an investigation, the possibility of this effecting EVERYONE here exists. This is not opinion, its fact. Something similar happened on an AMC car club forum. When an ebay auction went bad for a 1969 AMX, the forums became an outlet for a collaborated retaliation. When the law was crossed, and the damage done, the investigation lead back to the forums. A search warrant was issued and the server was seized. The server was not returned for over 9 months. The forum pages were redirected to a static page on a free yahoo page explaining a few brief details on why the forums were down. When the server was returned (and it almost was not returned since it was a medium used to commit a crime), it was done without the hard drives. All their previous posts and years of data were gone never to be returned. Their forums did not even return online for a total of nearly 2 years. They still have not got back to 1/4 of their member base and activity.

This would be a devastating blow to our community and we would not likely survive. I am hoping that people would not want to destroy what we have here. Imagine the ill will feelings by hundreds if not thousands of people that would be directed at the culprits that caused the server to be shut down.

Post your warnings, but collaborate retaliations with email elsewhere, please.
No worries Chris... I wouldn't really hunt him down and do anything physical to him... But I wish I could .... If anything Myself and some NASIOC members will drag the cops out there and try to take care of it that way...

Point taken though, no more speaking of physical actions will be made...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...