View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
ok, its fixed now

ok, we took it to the shop and they said it was the fuel pressure regulator and the MAF sensor. So they replaced those. Thing is, it did it again after that . We took it back again and they ran the codes again and said it was the starter disable. What my brother had been doing (and didn't tell me) was that when it wasn't starting before, he would disconnect the battery, hoping to clear the codes and try starting it again. That made it think it was being stolen and triggered the starter disable. What he has to do is put the key in and wait for the security light to go off (about 10 mins) and then the car starts just fine. We're not sure if that was the problem all along, but that seems to do the trick. Thanks for your help everyone I really appreciated the suggestions.

Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.